Last Updated – June 1, 2021
PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE TO US
In order to use our Services, and other features of our website(s), we will ask you for personal data (e.g. contact information, name, etc.). The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who would like to comment on our blog to provide a username. Those who purchase Services from us are asked to provide additional information, including, as necessary, the personal and financial information required to process transactions. In each case, Current Media Group LLC collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Current Media Group LLC. Current Media Group LLC does not disclose personal data other than as described below. You can always refuse to supply personal data, however, doing so will prevent you from receiving Services and may prevent you from engaging in other activities on the Site. In no event will we ever gather sensitive personal data (e.g. health information, religious preferences, etc.) from you and we expressly request that you not provide any to us in any free-text fields that are present on the Site.
DATA COLLECTED AND METHOD OF COLLECTION
Current Media Group LLC collects general and personal data concerning you from:
- when you provide your details to Current Media Group LLC
- participating in webinars, meetings, and events organized by Current Media Group LLC
- subscribe to our newsletters, marketing materials, download a white paper or ebook, etc.
- users of Current Media Group LLC’s websites and third parties (such as online service provider or single sign on authority).
Following the reception of the data, an electronic profile is created in Current Media Group LLC‘s proprietary tools for each person or entity (the “Client Profile”).
The Client Profile may contain but is not limited to:
- date of birth
- phone numbers
- email addresses
- organization or company of employment and/or job title
- field of activity and/or interest
PURPOSE OF DATA COLLECTION
Current Media Group LLC uses the data collected to provide, maintain, protect and improve the overall quality of its services. Data collection is also meant to protect Current Media Group LLC and its users. Current Media Group LLC does not collect more data than is necessary to fulfill such purposes.
In addition to creating Client Profiles, Current Media Group LLC uses your data for the following purposes and for which you give your consent:
a) Promotion and marketing: Current Media Group LLC may use your data to personalize your experience on the LifeInSussex.com website by presenting advertisements that are more relevant to you, to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including information about your user account, our services, case studies, thought leadership or whitepapers, ebooks, guides, blog updates, etc. For example, Current Media Group LLC uses third party service providers to present services and offers tailored to the preferences and interests demonstrated by your online activity over time. Current Media Group LLC may use your data to analyze trends in order to propose other services to its Clients, such as new events or other services.
b) Technical data: Current Media Group LLC, or third parties instructed by Current Media Group LLC, evaluate this data purely for statistical purposes and only in an anonymized form, in order to optimize Current Media Group LLC’s website and increase user-friendliness, efficiency and safety. Current Media Group LLC may in particular use technical data to measure the success of marketing campaigns, compile statistics about website usage and response rates.
c) Other purposes: Current Media Group LLC may use your data as Current Media Group LLC believes to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce Current Media Group LLC’s terms and conditions; (e) to protect Current Media Group LLC’s operations; (f) to protect Current Media Group LLC’s rights, privacy, safety or property; (g) to allow Current Media Group LLC to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that Current Media Group LLC may sustain.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- In response to a subpoena, court order, or other valid legal process.
- To prevent, investigate, or stop illegal or malicious activities including violations of our acceptable use policy, threats to our facilities, and threats to the physical safety of any person.
- To our affiliated companies or to any entity that acquires majority control of us or one of our business units through merger, acquisition, consolidation, or otherwise.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
General and personal data will be kept by Current Media Group LLC only as long as reasonably necessary taking into consideration its need to answer queries or resolve problems, to provide improved and new services and to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
- to enable certain functions of the website
- to provide analytics
- to store your preferences and personalize the content
- to improve the user experience
- to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising
- to share on social networks
We use both session and persistent cookies and we use different types of cookies to run the Site/Service:
- Essential cookies: We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
- Third-party cookies – In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, etc.
What are your choices regarding cookies
- For Internet Explorer™ : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Safari™ : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- For Chrome™ : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- For Firefox™ : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, some features of the website may not work properly, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can you find more information about cookies
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. We may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. We use analytical software to help us understand this information. This software sends information to its licensor. Other sites and companies may also use this software. As a result, the licensor may collect information, that when aggregated by them, allows them to identify you individually. We have no responsibility for this collection and use.
You may opt-out of receiving most e-mails from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the e-mails. Alternatively, you may contact us at the information provided below.
Your name, screen name (if provided), website and comments will be made public on our blog.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
DMCA Website Notice
If you believe a customer on a site hosted by Current Media Group LLC is infringing your copyright, please send a written notice to: Current Media Group LLC. ATTN: LEGAL, P.O. Box 392, Augusta, NJ 07822.
Section 512(c) of the DMCA requires that a notice include all of the following in order to be valid:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Current Media Group LLC to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Current Media Group LLC to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the foregoing requirements your DMCA notice may not be valid and Current Media Group LLC may take no action.